Extend your child's imagination through play by creating this dino-mite fossil excavation craft. The perfect afternoon spent with your prehistoric pal!
Below you will find a simple list of common household ingredients you will need to create your fossils. Take your time to make each of the steps an educational experience through exploring measurement, kitchen safety and fine motor skills.
Tag us in your creations @grtpretenders!
You will need :
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cups of salt
- 1 cup of water
- Paint Brush
- Baking tray
1. To make the dough, mix flour, salt, and water together in a bowl.
2. Knead the dough until it’s firm.
3. Create your own dinosaur bones with the dough. Use your imagination to create your own fossil shapes or use the image below to create a few T Rex fossils. Take a knife and carve historic markings into your fossils!
4. Bake the dinosaur bones at 325° F for about 30 minutes.
5. Allow bones to cool completely. They should become stiff.
6. Add the dinosaur bones to an activity tray and cover with sand.
And there you have it! Give your kids a paint brush and let them excavate the buried dinosaur bones!
This DIY is brought to you by www.simpleeverydaymom.com